Friday, May 01, 2009

Happy Birthday, Grace!!

Grace is 2 today! I can't believe it was 2 years ago today that I was induced with her. Her labor and delivery were definitely not my favorite, but I learned a lot of lessons there!

Grace is such a fun little girl! She is not as girly as Anna--definitely not as into pink and shoes as her sister--but she loves her big sister and all her big brothers. Luke is her favorite though, I must say. I think that she will have more of Luke's personality as well. She loves to look at books, especially this Little People farm book that Bob's brother and sister-in-law got for Anna a few years ago. It has foam animal figures that fit into the pages, like a little puzzle, and she will sit for a very long time, taking them out and putting them back in. She is starting to like dolls more, carrying one around the house a lot. And of course she loves little Faith. As it turns out, "Faith" is an easy name for little kids to say. I guess "f" is an easy sound! Anyhow, you can tell that is what she is saying very clearly!

For her cake, I made a pink and white doggie, like the beanie baby one that she sleeps with. She was quite happy with it, and it turned out pretty cute! Here are some better pictures, including one with her actual doggie. I wanted the pink to be lighter, but I added too much color paste. I didn't expect it to darken up so quickly! I used a big pyrex bowl for the head, and a small one for the snout (that was all one cake mix). Then with the second cake mix, I used a pyrex casserole dish for the body, and a really small bowl for the 4 paws. I really needed a little more cake, because the paws were tricky, but it was fine in the end.






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great cake!!! My mother used to do fancy cakes for me and my siblings when we were kids. It has now become a prominant memory that comes up many times. We have many gathers that have stories like "remeber the time mom made the hamburger/tweetybirty/computer cake?"

Pilot Mom said...

Happy Birthday Grace! Isn't this Bob's birthday, today (5/3) or is it tomorrow? Anyway, I know his is coming up so here is a resounding Happy Birthday for Bob! Love you, AC and UJ

Bob and Claire said...

Bob's birthday was yesteday, actually. It was my Facebook status, even though I didn't blog!

Hey, where's your calendar?!! it's on there! : )

Veronica @ Luv My Quiver Full Of Arrows said...

You are crazy talented, Claire! Wish you lived closer b/c I would have loved to take a bite out of that cute puppy...looks DELICIOUS!

Happy birthday to all the birthdays you had this weekend.

xoxo, Veronica in CA

La Familia Garcia said...

Wow, that cake is HUGE, or at least it looks as big as she does, but it turned out GREAT!