Thursday, September 14, 2006

Well.

You know, life has been going pretty smoothly lately--no big stresses or anything. But things have changed rather dramatically. First, we have noticed within the last week that our church is going off in a direction that we are not really comfortable with. That has been a big shock to us, and we're still trying to figure out exactly what our response is going to be.

That, however, was nothing compared to the shock I received today when I took a pregnancy test and found out it was positive. Whoa. Now I wasn't completely floored--obviously I suspected something was up, or I wouldn't have taken the test, right?! I've been pretty queasy the past few days, and also very emotional. Mainly queasy, though. I had an extra test from the 2-pack I bought when I tested for Anna last July, so I figured I would go ahead and use it, just to "ease my mind". LOL. Well, it answered the question of why I've been feeling funny, but it has certainly opened up a whole 'nother set of them. Like, for example, what are we going to do about another vehicle? We have no more room in the Odyssey. Fortunately, we had been discussing getting a Toyota Sienna, the kind with 6 rear seats, so it looks like we'll just do that sooner rather than later. How about another crib? How will I work the room situation? Do I stop nursing? The always helpful Well-Trained Mind board ladies said to keep on, so I guess I will for a little while longer. Anna hasn't been napping really well this past week, though, so maybe I am just not keeping up with milk supply.

Another question is when on earth will I be due? My LMP date is June 22, 2005, LOL. I would guess I'm maybe around 7 weeks, since I'm having symptoms, but that's a big guess. I saw absolutely nothing to indicate impending fertility. I know sometimes you don't, but, well, I always have, and it's always been around the time I stopped nursing! I'm still nursing Anna 5 times a day, so getting pregnant was not a thought that even remotely crossed my mind. I think I will be lucky if Anna and the new baby are 14 months apart. I've never had kids that close together before! I am a little overwhelmed, although not as overwhelmed as if these were my first 2 babies. Nathan and Luke are such big helps, both with Anna, and also around the house.
Jonathan has a follow-up appointment at the clinic next Wednesday, so while we're there, I'll go ahead and take the official test to get into the Tricare system. Then we can begin all the fun of applying for the waiver for off-base OB care again. Please start praying now that we will be granted one!!

5 comments:

Pilot Mom said...

(((Claire))), we love you!

Dy said...

OH CLAIRE!!! I just saw your post on the boards (been offline mostly this week) and saw your post! CONGRATULATIONS!!! Oh, and now the weather's cooling off, so you'll be warm this winter! What a wonderful time to get pregnant! *wink*

I know you're overwhelmed, but I also know that you trust God's planning and timing, and I'm just. so. excited for you! Definitely keep nursing. Anna may decide somewhere around month 7 or so that she doesn't really like the taste of your milk as it changes a bit, but you should be fine. Check your iron levels, and eat plenty of molasses cookies to keep them up. Oh. Wait, that's probably not the best choice, but keep it on hand, you know, just in case. :-)

Ok, ok, I'm done abusing emoticons on your blog. Just wanted to come on over and give you a big {{{hug}}} and gush a bit. These littles are going to be so close - not just in age, but in so many things. They'll have a shared experience in many wonderful ways. I wish Smidge and Emily were closer in age, for that reason.

Will be praying for Jonathan's visit. Let us know how it goes.

Dy

Unknown said...

Well, you could've knocke me over with a feather.

I only pray that no bad things happen with a pregnancy while you are nursing and before your body can get back to 'normal'. I'm worried now.

Excited, but worried. Maybe a little sister...Aniken??

BWHAHAHAAAA
♥Pam

Anonymous said...

At least you have been taking your prenatal vitamins. I would take fish oil also. No more than 3 grams a day of fish oil.
Mel

Anonymous said...

Hi Claire!! Congratulations again!! Wow... that's incredible. I've got an offer for you I'll trade you our crib for your Odyssey!!!
I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.
Jenna